Monday, March 06, 2023

Loss of the fundamentals

Well, hello and Vanakkam, I am writing this post after quite a few years to indulge in a little rant. I just saw a guy on Linkedin driving and giving gyan on the topic of his choice.

Unfollowed him just for that. C'mon. Isn't this so very basic? How is it Ok to place your mobile in front of you just because you're in traffic (even if slow-moving) and go on a long monologue which you're recording and announcing so also. 

It's off-putting because it's a distraction at the wheel. Believe me, I am the Queen of being distracted and I love driving and I am not faultless in that department either -- of multi tasking while driving. But at least I wouldn't put it out on a serious platform like Linkedin as though it's alright and would not hamper my judgement at the wheel. Say what you want, but it will! 

Not recommended for a person who wants to put himself or herself 'out there'. 

So that's one unfollow of the day. Keeping it simple and blocking what bothers me. 

Works well. 

That, and posting about it here, of course. 

End rant.

No comments: