Did I say peer? I meant pose.
Did I say pose? I meant obsess.
It's a treat for me to watch them flex their ugly, hairy arms, or worse, lift arms overhead whilst on the cross-trainer, or turn head left and right to get both cheeks in view whilst on treadmill, and so on.
I have become expert at recognising mere body-builders and distinguishing them from anguished folks who critically examine themselves all the time in order to check out every last bit of adipose tissue!
I have also become expert at figuring out who is a film actor and so on. The film actors who work out invariably do weird things like:
- sighing deeply and loudly
- making inappropriate noises while lifting weights
- sitting around on other equipment for no reason
- gazing endlessly at own reflection in front of the mirror
- watching various TV channels that show drama of some sort with a crazed, lolling expression
- assuming 'publicly inappropriate' postures whilst working out
And all this useless expertise gained whilst burning calories...HMMMM.
The gym IS a fun place to exercise, I say.